Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Glendale, VA

We finished the first leg of the trip from Yorktown to Glendale.  The route was flat and the day was beautiful for riding - not too hot and just a slight headwind.  I am so glad that this experience has begun.  It's not as if I think this is easy, far from it, but the waiting had become excruciating.

We traveled through the historic triangle (Yorktown, Williamsburg, Jamestown).  With the exception of a few wrong turns, mostly my own fault, the trip was smooth.  We have settled down for the night in Glendale in a church yard.  The folks at the church have been nice enough to open up the church for our use and to sleep inside.  Although it is a little early for me to be coveting AC and an indoor sleeping arrangement, I know that these chances may be few and far between.

The camp stoves are lit, and the crew is cooking the first nite's dinner.  I am sure I will say this many times, but I wish I were a better writer so I could let you all know how wonderful this trip is.

No comments:

Post a Comment