Sunday, June 2, 2013

Glendale, VA

Hammock city in Glendale outside Willis Church. 

It was a pretty hot and steamy day, in fact a lot like in 2010. When I did this leg back then though, I remember still being a little afraid of this trip. We hurried through those first miles - possibly to prove we can. It's too bad too. You go through some beautiful and culturally rich places that you may never see unless you really try. The Historical Triangle, Yorktown-Williamsburg-Jamestown, is a pretty cool place. 

I also want to take the time to applaud the region for maintaining and expanding the National Capital Trail that stretches a good part of the way from Jamestown to northeast of Richmond. 

Some of the trail from today - outside Jamestown. 

Now I'm swinging in my hammock with some great friends, enjoying a June evening in Virginia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment