Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Climbing the mountain

Isabella prepped and excited for today's climb up Afton Mountain and the Blue Ridge Parkway! It's a tough day, but well worth the pain and suffering. I've been thinking about this ride for three years, and I can't wait to take it on now, after a considerably larger number of miles under my belt. 

The goal:
Trail angel, gone but not forgotten:
And then the payoff!

After a long day of climbing, there's the descent into Vesuvius VA. Let me say that if you are not comfortable on a bike, don't do this, and if you are comfortable, proceed with caution and have a blast! There are a number of turns that will make you wish you had checked your brakes, and perhaps reacquaint yourself with whatever believe in. There's something about the adrenaline rush, it reminds you you're really alive for sure. Now that I'm safely down the mountain and approaching my destination, I surely feel alive. Thanks to the donors, thanks to the other riders. 2 more amazing days. Tomorrows ride through Lexington was one of my favorite - probably because of the downhill, but the bucolic landscape helped to complete the scene. 

No comments:

Post a Comment